The best paying jobs in industrial machinery/component can be quite satisfying and exciting since you get to work with industrial gear and its parts. Over the past ten years, there has been a rise in demand for this occupation.
Engine and turbine producers as well as producers of hand tools, pumps, and industrial gear and components, all generate a variety of products. Workers in this industry frequently have significant experience and training, and these businesses frequently require a high level of technical expertise. As a result, positions in this industry typically pay well, and many employees have a lot of job security.
Therefore, read this post till the end to learn about the best-paying jobs in this sector in 2023 and beyond!
Is Industrial Machinery/Component A Good Career Path?
Compared to best paying jobs in real estate investment trusts, the best paying jobs in industrial machinery/component can be a better deal. But why?
This is because the industrial machinery and components sector is substantially older. This translates into a variety of career options in this field, both in terms of the quantity and variety of positions accessible.
The best news is that the market for industrial machinery is expanding as well. This indicates that both entry-level positions and managerial positions have a lot of fresh chances accessible.
The Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS) projects that between 2020 and 2030, the employment of industrial machinery mechanics, maintenance personnel, and millwrights will increase by 19%. This is significantly higher than the norm for all other professions.
Plus, these are some of the best jobs for introverts!
Necessary Educational Qualifications
Here are some of the necessary educational qualifications for getting the best paying jobs in industrial machinery/component sector:
A General Overview Of The Industrial Machinery/Component Industry
According to Indeed.com, “Individuals in industrial machinery and components develop and maintain the equipment and systems that aid manufacturing processes in other sectors. People with an interest in mechanical engineering or industrial machine development may consider various job opportunities in this field.”
Hence, if you are looking for a career in the industrial machinery/component industry, you will be able to know whether a job role in this industry is the right thing for you or not.
However, whether you must choose this career path for yourself depends a lot on your skills, talents, preferences, and your interests. No matter what role you choose, the focus will be on manufacturing machine components and industrial equipment. The target customers will mostly be businesses and manufacturing industries. If you want to work in this industry, you will need extensive knowledge of mechanical principles, manufacturing techniques, and 3D printing.
1. Manufacturing Manager
Average Salary In The USA: $82,000
Advantages Of Working In The Industrial Machinery/Component Industry
The following are some of the major advantages that you will come across if you work in the industrial machinery/component industry:
1. There are diverse job roles for you in the industry. Hence, you will have a wide range of job opportunities. You can also work in design and engineering areas. By having diverse roles, you will be able to work in different environments.
2. You will get various opportunities to innovate and create. This includes develop better instruments, while increase productivity and operates. This depends on the role that you are working for. You can also collaborate with experts, researchers, architects, designers, and others to create newer machinery.
3. You will work in large, lengthy, and complex projects. Hence, you will also be able to work with some of the best experts in the industry, thus enhancing the skills. Furthermore, working on large scale projects also provide employees job satisfaction.
4. Working in the industrial machinery/component industry will help you acquire transferrable skills and certain abilities. You can use these skills and abilities across multiple career paths and roles. Thus, you can acquire skills on project management, problem-solving, and more, so that you are able to apply them in positions that are outside your industry.
5. Once you have better knowledge of different fields as well of other industries, you will be able to use this knowledge to develop better outcomes. The Best Paying Jobs In Industrial Machinery/Component
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Coordinating the work processes of your team of engineers to ensure that work is getting done in the most productive and optimum manner possible.
- You misty help in budgeting for the manufacturing project.
2. Maintenance Supervisor
Average Salary In The USA: $85,000
A lot of machines are used in the industrial machinery and components industry. Therefore, there should be someone to take care of these machines, right? Well, manufacturing companies are willing to pay you $85,000 annually to do just that by hiring you as a maintenance supervisor!
As explained above, as a maintenance supervisor, your job will be to see that all production equipment is working perfectly. If any machines need repairing or oiling, you must do so immediately. In addition, you must ensure that damaged equipment is repaired or orders for new parts are placed and installed on time.
As a maintenance supervisor, you can also apply for the best paying jobs in health care.
Your primary responsibilities as a maintenance engineer will be to:
- Chart out damage prevention plans so that employees using these machines know how to use them without damaging them.
- Troubleshoot any issues with machinery, figure out the cause of their breakdown, and make swift repairs.
3. Industrial Engineer
Average Salary In The USA: $88,000
Improving the performance of your production processes is necessary to make them faster and more efficient. Therefore, manufacturing units are ready to pay you $88,000 annually to do this analysis for them!
As an industrial engineer, you will be tasked with overseeing the production line of products. You should ensure that all the processes are running at optimum efficiency. If any part of the assembly line is not in order, you must fix issues immediately and get production back on track!
In addition, industrial engineers are also eligible for the best paying jobs in oil & gas production.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Design production processes with other collaborators to ensure production goes smoothly.
- Fix issues in production processes to ensure smooth production.
4. Mechanical Engineer
Average Salary In The USA: $90,000
Mechanical engineers are the main brains behind the core research and development teams of electrical manufacturing companies. This makes them earn $90,000 a year, which is enough to lead a lavish lifestyle!
To be a smart and successful electrical engineer, you must have excellent problem-solving skills. For example, since you are developing a machine for clients, you will be responsible for its technical aspects. Therefore, if any part of the machinery fails to work, it’s up to you and your team to solve it.
Depending on the projects undertaken by your firm and the requirements of clients, your primary duties will be to:
- Use CAD (Computer Aided Design) to make the best project design plans as per client requirements and project analysis.
- Testing various prototype devices related to the project so that they can be improved upon to create the final product.
- Create the final design for the client’s products by collaborating with other engineers.
5. Electrical Engineer
Average Salary In The USA: $97,000
Being an electrical engineer is the best paying jobs in industrial machinery/component industry. With an annual salary of $97,000 in 2023, this is an amazing job that will sort out all your financial troubles.
As an electrical engineer, you will be responsible for developing the manufacturing processes of electrical equipment. Therefore, if you have a knack for tinkering around with machines, you are responsible for producing one!
Here, depending on the requirements of clients that state what kind of machines they want, you will be supervising its development and manufacturing process from start to finish. You will have to collaborate with other teams to make the project a success.
Your primary duties as an electrical engineer are:
- Discuss project requirements with clients.
- Analyze all data that has been mined from previous tests, projects, and products.
- Use CAD to make the best project design plans as per client requirements and project analysis.
- When production gets underway, you will be supervising a team of juniors and other supervising technicians.
- Amylase all operations data and create a well-detailed report for clients and project stakeholders.
Best Companies In The Industrial Machinery/Component Sector
Here are some of the best companies that are currently willing to pay top dollar to hire you in this field:
- Global Major Industrial Machinery Manufacturers
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Deere & Co.
- CNH Industrial NV
- ABB Group
- Linde AG
You must get the best paying jobs in industrial machinery/component quickly since the market for industrial machinery is expanding quickly. For individuals seeking difficult, fulfilling, and fascinating employment, it is home to numerous career options. Those who are not afraid of challenges should be here. Best of luck!